Piece from a syringue pump: Ducros - Danon - Gandon - Ruffenach
For a project we have to design a syringe pump prototype to be printed in 3D.
We already designed the pieces and printed them with their actual design. We are going to modify one of them to fit with the specifications for a better printing that we learn in this class. Our original piece need a lot of support to be printed. Moreover there is a circular part and many edges that could induce some defaults and stair effect. We decided to redesign it by separating the different parts and printing them separatly. We add holes and pins so that we will assemble the pieces with glue to obtain the final product.
We don't use supports to print the holes because we don't need precision for them. We will drill them after to have bigger and precise holes.
To illustrate our work we supply some screenshots from the initial design and from the new design.